Sounds both fun and novel. How do i get a hardcopy please ?
Green Dawn Mall
A downloadable game
GREEN DAWN MALL is a tabletop RPG for 1
GM and 3 to 5 players, in which you play teenagers who wander into an endless, distorted
mall, in search of their lost friend. The further
you go, the stranger things get. Will you be
able to find them and get back to the real world
You'll like this game if you enjoy exploration and interactions with your surroundings rather than combat, a world which is more odd than horrific, and random environments that will always surprise you—even if you're the GM. The rules aim for simplicity: roll between 1 and 4d6, succeed on 5 or 6, and that’s about it!
In addition to a complete game system, the 90 pages
of this game include:
- A method for generating an endless succession of stores for the characters to explore
- 36 stores with a modular description, taking into account things getting weirder and weirder
- 252 NPCs and odd beings to populate the Mall
- 252 odd objects for the PCs to experiment with
- 6 Factions which are cohabiting within the Mall
- 4 different ways of ending a session, including a confrontation with the Heart of the Mall
- A description of the Mall’s upper and lower levels, even more labyrinthine than the rest
- Options to play a short campaign or try other character concepts
- A character sheet
- Read the prologue to Green Dawn Mall, First Excursion: https://emojk.itch.io/green-dawn-mall-first-excursion
- Join the Green Dawn Mall Discord server: https://discord.gg/MqGY4CJ
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Green Dawn Mall, printed version
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Green Dawn Mall, printed version
A printed version of Green Dawn Mall, shipped anywhere in the world! Includes the digital version.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I should set them up by the end of the month! If you want one before that, please drop me a line: come DOT martin AT gmail DOT com and I'll see what I can do :)
A sort of light hearted yet high stakes type of narrative, i love how the game states it's about weird, not horror. I feel we get too much horror already, and this is a great switch of mentality for this type of exploration/investigation game!
The system is super intuitive and easy and brings cool mechanics to the table, such as the escalation of the Odd, which modifies a good portion of the game, escalating the weirdness to a whole new level.
And finally, i LOVE that this game has a pleyer's advice section. I feel like we don't get enough of this. It helps set expectations and avoid "videogame-y" behaviors that some people carry over from digital games into ttrpg. This helps to create a more cohesive and immersive experience for the table as a whole.
I love it 5/5
What is the biggest Dungeon of our times ?
A crazy mall, of course !
This game is absolutely perfect to play with light rules a dungeon crawling with the tone and the energy of our modern lives.
It makes me feel I'm in a movie with parts of Brazil, Strangers Things, Zombiland, the Goonies and a bit of Terry Pratchett !
A must to read, a must to play !